I guess you could say this is an important subject to me, because my alias, and the very essence of who I am as a person is a full indictment of the Catholic Church. My Catholic friends say that I’m bigoted for my views against the Catholic Church and its Papacy, and perhaps that is true. I am rather bigoted and I have a lot of hatred and resentment towards kid fuckers and the people that enable them. Here are some facts that support my disdain.
- Thousands of kids have been raped and/or abused by people in leadership positions in the Catholic church.
- Prominent people tried to use their fame to shed light on this problem as early as 1992, but the church continued to sweep the problem under the rug, and the Pope himself did not even comment on the problem until 2001.
- The Catholic Church, in response to growing allegations over the years, assassinated the character of anyone who spoke out, including victims.
- The current Pope, Benedict XVI, moved rapist Priests around to avoid legal troubles until the statute of limitations ran out. He personally looked over the cases of rape and abuse, and was an integral part of the coverup.
- The Catholic Church spent decades and millions of dollars defending, enabling and sometimes even exalting rapists.
- If you are Catholic, and you have ever put money in the collection plate, part of that money went to Rome to support the Vatican’s efforts to hide the scandal, and protect rapists.
Whenever I bring this topic up to other Catholics, they rarely ever want to talk about it rationally, however the most common response I get is a reminder of all the humanitarian and scientific contributions the Catholic church makes to society. I’d like to believe that all of these great humanitarian and scientific contributions could still be made by organizations that don’t hurt children, so why continue to support the Catholic Church?
This video came up on my Reddit feed today and I thought it was very powerful. It is an Irishman who was abused and raped by Catholic Priests as a child. He was also the victim of character assassination and humiliation after he spoke out about the abuse. He was driven to suicide by the evil that was perpetrated upon him by the Catholic Church and the Politicians that carried out their will, and was saved from the clutches of death by his wife, who is sitting next to him.
But I guess I’m the bigot for pointing this out, right?